ODOSIMANSI C CHRONIS SA offers a variety of road markings. These include road marking with quick drying highly resistant 100% acrylic polymer, cold plastic road marking paint, thermoplastic road marking materials and third generation marking paints with water base which is environmentally friendly.
Since 1980, with our experienced personnel perform road markings highways, airports and crossings in cities in Greece and other countries, with colors acrylics, alkyd, two-component, thermoplastic and cold-plastic. The machines we use in road marking is propelled by modern technology machines made by HOFMANN, BORUM and GRACO. Our experienced crews perform worksite markings. Our experience allows us to offer rapid response at the execution of tasks, the elimination of temporary markings and remarking of road marking. The colors we use are of the highest quality conforming with the harmonized European Standards for Road Marking Paints.
The history of marking:
The marking of roads starting from Roman times. The Romans gave great importance to the marking of roads manufactured in particular to show the direction and distance of Rome. Then the Romans expanded labeling for other large cities.
The marking of roads and mainly vertical marking starts in the early 1870s with the appearance of the first bicycle to protect pedestrians from the bicycle speed.
In 1895 a system for road signs showing the Italian Tourism club.
In 1900 the League of touring organizations in Paris propose standards for road signs.
In 1903 the British government established four types of signs for the road signs based on their shape, while in 1908 at the Rome International Conference discussed the establishment of the plates shapes.
A new phase enters the road signs when the 1909 nine European governments agreed to share four basic signs for road marking, namely priority, turn (right – left) crossing roads and railway crossing.
Between 1928 and 1949 the automotive industry is growing rapidly and the US Britain and establish their own system for road marking which use modified and other countries.
In 1948 he founded I.R.F. (International Road Federation) for the purpose of cooperation among States to unified actions on Road Safety.
Finally in 1968 was signed in Vienna an agreement on the classification signs for road safety.
In the pre-industrial era signs to label directions monuments, place names were made of stone, marble, wood, while the 18th and 19 century iron.
Today the signs for road marking made largely of aluminum due to its multiple advantages.